How to Watermelon Guide
Imagine yourself spending a beautiful summer day lounging by the pool with a frosty drink in hand. You've got great company and the music is fueling the good vibes. The only thing missing now... is good watermelon. This guide will teach you how to identify the perfect watermelon and how to cut it.
Tips for Picking a Watermelon
Tip #1: Pick a dull looking watermelon (a shiny appearance indicates an under-ripe melon)
Tip #2: Knock on it (your knuckles should bounce and the surface should be firm, you’ll get a dull thud if the flesh is soft, which indicates it’s starting to spoil)
Tip #3: Grab the heaviest (pick the watermelon that is the heaviest one for its size, it will have more water in it)
Tip #4: Find the Field Spot (this is the biggest indicator of a good watermelon, The field spot should be a yellowish creamy color)
Tip #5: Check the shape (round or oval is fine but if there are irregular bumps, this indicates the watermelon may have gotten inconsistent amounts of sun or water)
How to Cut a Watermelon
We have the best way to cut a watermelon into pieces or even watermelon cubes.
1. Rinse and dry the watermelon
2. Slice it in half crosswise
3. Cut off stem end
4. Place the watermelon cut side down on a cutting board
5. Holding your knife at an angle, cut down towards the cutting board to remove the rind so you see the dark pink of the watermelon
6. Cut the watermelon so you get 3 circular pieces
7. Slice the circles into cubes
8. Repeat with the other watermelon half.
9. Sprinkle on Vatsana's Seasoning and enjoy!
Voila! Fast and easy watermelon with Vatsana's Seasoning!